Thursday, February 16, 2012

Why Am I Not Worried?

I decided a long time ago that worrying is a waste of energy:

From the archives: Mar 9, 2010 - Time Saving Tips
  • I've cut back on worrying. It is a waste of time and energy. No matter how much I worry about something, it doesn't make a difference. The only way I can make a difference is by 'doing'. A much better investment of my time.
I should be worried. But I'm not.

I am working at the job-of-my-current-dreams. I am doing everything that I can do to succeed and prosper at this job. I am making slow and steady gains. But I am not working full-time. Yet.

I am determined to keep attempting to sell my writing skills. Slowly but surely, I am working my way 'across the country side' in my attempt to find a way to make my words work for me. The only way I consider myself failing at this task, is if I give up. I'm not giving up.

My current financial situation is not pretty. But it is not desperate. I took steps to provide myself with a cushion before I fall. Before long, I will start to utilize a portion of that protective layer. Not all of it. Just enough to buy me some time.

In the mean time, I am 'doing'. I am doing that which I have the power to do right now. I am persevering.

"Quit now, you'll never make it. If you disregard this advice, you'll be halfway there."
~David Zucker

I'm not quitting. The best is yet to come. I just have to keep believing.

No comments:

Post a Comment