Friday, February 17, 2012

Hidden Treasures

Sometimes, all we have to do is look beyond the surface to find the hidden blessings in our regularly scheduled life.

I've been finding that a lot in the past few months. I am beginning to wonder if perhaps that is part of the grand scheme of things ...

I have had the opportunity to spend time with friends that are going through a challenging time. Time to follow through on little ideas that I have. Time to sit still and watch the snow gently waft towards the earth.

At work, I am not pulled in a million different directions. As a substitute, my role is usually very straight forward (and easy). I have time to see co-workers, students and teachers as people.

I love when life stops for a moment and there is a perfect clarity that you are exactly where you are meant to be. And doing exactly what you are meant to do.

Sometimes those moments are fleeting. Other times, they stay with you long after the moment is gone.

I have had a lot of those special moments lately. Times when my heart swells with contentment and joy over the simplest of things.

The scavenger hunt that I had as I scoured the city to find the items on my ever-growing list has taken on a new meaning. The scavenger hunt continues. I am seeking the little treasures within every single day that I am given.

I am finding treasures where I least expect them. They are everywhere ... when you take time to stop and focus on that which is right before you.

Take a moment. Savor it. Find the beauty in it. And let it go ... there are many more where that came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment