Saturday, February 11, 2012

Cat Hair

I wandered into the kitchen this morning. As I greeted the day, I was busy 'fluffing' my hair and doing my best to make my bed-head-look disappear without wetting my head (it didn't happen).

As I did so, our cat came up from downstairs and greeted me with a meow.

He did his morning hair fluffing as I did mine.

He shook his whole body (I love watching his full-body shake, because he shakes so hard that his two front paws lift off the floor). And poof! Perfect hair!!

His hair is sleek, black and shiny. He never needs a hair cut. And he has never had a bad hair day (minus the days that my Second Son thought it was humorous to dab some peanut butter on the top of our cat's head and have the dogs lick it off).

We pet his hair backwards and muss it up a little. It never lasts. One little shake and his hair is as perfect as it was to start with.

He is graying a little. But he looks so distinguished.

When he moved in with us, he had a grand total of about seven white hairs on his underbelly. He has substantially more than seven hairs now. But they look perfect on him.

No maintenance hair. It is something that I have been craving for so long! Then I look at our cat and see that he has what I've always wanted.

What do you suppose a hairdresser would have to say if I asked if they could give me a cat-hair-cut?

No comments:

Post a Comment