Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pressing On!

The next time I come up with a 'great idea' ... I think I will keep it to myself!!

Announcing my intent to the world around me has made me accountable. If I had been quiet, I could have slipped the whole thing back into a closet, ignored it and just carried on with life-as-I-knew-it.

But, no. I felt obligated to follow through and push a little further out of my comfort zone. I was already uncomfortable. What harm is there in adding just a little more angst?

Squeamish as I may be about this discomfort, I know that it is a good thing. When things come easily, there is not the same appreciation. If you give up before you give it your all, you will never know what could have happened if you just kept persevering.

If you don't announce your intent to those around you, you are not accountable.

As Walt Disney said, "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."

Thoughtful pause ... as I think of the 'Disney World' in my mind and my habitual references to the Disney cartoon characters that I relate and refer to, in my writing:
It is as if Walt is whispering in my ear. And I think he is saying, "If you can dream it, you can do it ..."

So ... I shall press on. I will keep dreaming, but work hard enough at 'real life' to keep my feet on the ground and in the direction that I need to go. Dreams can make wishes come true ...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment