Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Peeking Through a New Window

I am testing the waters at the moment. I don't want to jump right in ... but I'm wading on the coast of something that I believe could be right for me.

Oh! How illusive that paragraph sounds ... I could just leave it at that and let the imagination wander. I could be talking about anything. The truth of the matter is, those are good words to keep on deck for the next dream I try to pursue.

For this particular moment, what I am considering is the possibility of attempting to publish my writing in a format which may eventually supplement my income.

This is a work in progress and I do not plan to leap before I look, research, survey and fine tune what it is that I believe I could 'sell'.

My Theme? I would take an incident, a phrase, a thought or a quote from my day-to-day living and write around that topic. Sometimes (hopefully) insightful and provocative. Other times light and easy.

I don't want to constrict my writing in a way that I could run out of topics. I would write in a conversational manner. I would attempt to write in a fashion that anyone reading, could insert the details of their own lives and relate.

What I would aim towards, would be a rapport between my readers and me. I would want those who take the time to read what I write, to feel like I am speaking to them.

The overall theme would be taking life and putting a positive spin on the negative. Encouragement at times, inspiration at others and when things get too hot and heavy ... something light and frivolous to release a little pressure.

Basically, what I write about here. Only reign it in a little in some areas; generalize it more in others and delete the clutter that sometimes works its way into my stories.

My questions to anyone reading this are:
  • What do you enjoy as a reader?
  • Which posts have spoken to you?
  • Which ones haven't?
I went back through the archives of this blog and posted a few of my personal favorites in a 'Favorites' tab (at the top of this page; right under the title "Life as I Know It"). Please feel free to add your comments to this post; or email me with your suggestions at: lifeasiknowit1960@gmail.com

I will add/delete/revise this list throughout the week(s) ahead, so if you wish ... please keep checking.
Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment