Friday, January 20, 2012

February 12, 1998

I have been wading through my journals sporadically throught the day. Here is yet another treasure that I found. It was written the same night that I told my Middle Son (then 11 years old), that he was about to become a big brother:

... the best news of all was from my Second Son. I took him out for a special supper tonight and told him my news.

He was so surprised! He got teary eyed ... blushed ... was breathless ... and speechless. He told me he might need child therapy. He was wonderful! He is hoping for a girl. He is picking out names.

He heard a kid go "AAACK" in the restaurant and said, "I'll bet that kid's mother just told him she was going to have a baby!!"

He came home and tried to call his babysitter. He said, "I just can't keep this to myself!!" Then he wrote His Aunt & Cousin a card: "My mom is pregnant. I hope it's a girl. This will be fun. By the way, how are you?"

He is so tender with me. He snuggled up to me later and asked, "How's that baby?" He says I have to take it easy. He is worried about me going into the hospital and the pain and where he will stay.

What a boy. I told him that I was worried about telling his Older Brother (who was not living at home at the time). My Middle Son just looked seriously at me and said, "Don't tell him. He'll just come over one day. And look. And see ... another me!"

I tell you. My Second Son is a breath of fresh air. Pure tonic for me. I am so glad he knows. And tomorrow? I do believe ... that I will tell the rest of the world. I am so content.

Baby #3 ... I cannot wait for your arrival!

And four months, less a day later ... My Youngest was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment