Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dreams

If dreams are the subconscious mind, speaking to the consciousness ... boy!! Is my subconsciousness one busy place.

Crazy dream scenario: My dream-state-mind has always and forever intertwined the men in the two relationships that I have had in my lifetime. One man morphed into the other and back again. When I woke up, I never had any firm idea of 'who' I really dreamt about. This was always something of great concern to me. What was my subconsciousness really telling me?

Anyway, I had another 'one of those dreams' last night with one &/or the other of these men in my life.

In one scenario, we were at a restaurant making plans with another couple. Why do I think that this couple was the couple that we met at our dinner-table on our cruise? I have no idea how they found their way into my dream ... but they did (is it the cruise disaster near Italy that set off those memories?).

Fast forward and suddenly I am back in the condo I lived in during my marriage. Enter: my husband; his cousin; and his cousin's wife. They have ''plans'' that I want no part of. Plans in our bedroom which is a complete and total disaster area. Was I concerned about the ménage à trois that was unfolding? Heavens no! I already knew my husband was unfaithful (?? no ... I didn't ... not consciously anyway!), so what was the difference? I just knew I wanted no part of that. But I was very concerned about how messy the bedroom was! I was racing around trying to clean up a bit so I didn't leave a bad impression (could this have anything to do with the current state of the cleanliness of our home??).

Besides ... I was running late for work. It was 8:00 a.m. and I should have been there at 8:00 a.m.; I was spinning my wheels trying to get out of the house but it wasn't happening. Finally I made it to where the car should have been parked with a wagon-load full of stuff that I had to take with me, when I realized that the car was in the shop.

I needed a ride, but I didn't want to go back into the house with 'all that was going on' in there ... so I spun my wheels a little longer, trying to think of a solution. Call a cab? Or not? And why not??

Eventually, I made my way back into the house and my husband's cousin offered to drive me (his work there was done, I guess). But I didn't know where I was going. I knew that it was easy to get to and it was two main roads and a quick turn. But I didn't know which roads ... but we left anyway.

At this point, I realized that I didn't have a way to get home for lunch nor did I pack a lunch. I just uttered out loud that I would just work straight through my lunch hour. I would work from 9 - 3 and get my seven hours in without a break. No!!! That was only six hours!! I would have to work until 4:00.

Suddenly I was back to my bookkeeping job ... even though my dream-state job was at my cousin's house (???). And my biggest concern was the lack of lunch!

Needless to say, I was relieved when my alarm went off and pulled me back into my reality. It goes without saying that the first thing that I did when I got up, was make my lunch.

I rambled on about this nonsensical dream to my Middle Son and he just smirked and shook his head (there are truly some things that a son doesn't want to hear his mother say out loud).

I finally summed it all up by saying, "I think the dream is telling me that I have no idea where I am going ... but I'm going anyway!"

And that ... is where my mind wandered while it was supposed to be sleeping last night. Where have your dreams taken you lately???

No comments:

Post a Comment