Friday, December 2, 2011

Sleep

I fell asleep at 7:00 p.m. last night and missed the opportunity to go to a dance class.

I woke up at 4:00 a.m. this morning unable to sleep because my work day was flashing before my eyes.

I cannot wait for the luxury of this upcoming weekend where I can follow the natural rhythm of my body and simply sleep a quiet and dreamless sleep.

Not a sleep to avoid what I do not want to face.

Not a restless sleep because I am anxious about the day ahead.

Peaceful sleep. A sleep where visions of sugar plums dance in my head.

Restorative sleep. After putting in a full day of life.

I'm ready for the weekend. Only 12 more working days until Christmas (I think ... working as a substitute, one never knows for sure).

I can't even count 'days left to work' to lull myself to sleep. Because I don't know. I don't know anything these days.

I'm tired of not knowing. All I want to do is sleep ...

No comments:

Post a Comment