Thursday, December 1, 2011

Deactivating My Emotion Chip

Quote from Star Trek:

Lieutenant Commander Data: Captain, I believe I am feeling... anxiety. It is an intriguing sensation. A most distracting...

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Data, I'm sure it's a fascinating experience, but perhaps you should deactivate your emotion chip for now.

Lieutenant Commander Data: Good idea, sir.

[beep]

Lieutenant Commander Data: Done.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Data, there are times that I envy you.

My emotions are getting the better of me these days. I think it is time to deactivate my emotion chip.

Waking up in the middle of the night because I think that I know what I will be facing the next day is a waste of good sleeping hours.

Feeling powerless over a situation triggers all sorts of emotions. Unless I can take what I am feeling and utilize it to regain some control over a situation, the emotion overrides common sense.

As Captain Jean-Luc Picard says, "...perhaps you should deactivate your emotion chip for now".

Good idea, sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment