Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Then ... I Went Dancing

Not to be undone by a day that had the means to undo me, I pushed myself out of the house, out of my comfort zone and into brand new territory ... and went to a bar that offered free dance lessons.

A friend and I have been talking (but not doing anything) about this for some time. Last night we forged ahead with our plans and went.

We got there early and at first glance it appeared that there were several men and a few couples in our midst. Then the dance lesson started ... and the men cleared out.

It was all couples. No spare dance partners. My friend said to me, "It's a couple's world ..."

I hate to admit defeat (again!), but it appears that she may be right. I just want to dance. I don't need a pro-dancer. I just want some one who enjoys music, has fun dancing and is willing to try.

I woke up this morning determined to take out an advertisement "Dance Partner Wanted". I don't need or want the complications of anything more ... but it is getting tougher and tougher to grin and bear it.

I am so tired. Tired of fighting these waves on my own. Tired of sitting out when all I want to do is dance.

It is no wonder I sleep all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment