Monday, November 21, 2011

The Return of Laughter

It was a wonderful weekend. It was filled with everything my heart could hope for.

Sleep when I needed it, friendship in many forms, time to be alone, time to indulge in guilty pleasures, time to read, time for pleasure.

My heart is light and happy these days. The cloud that has been hovering over me has been gradually dissipating. The sky is blue and the sun is shining in my world.

It wasn't so very long ago that I felt broken, weak and weary. The contrast between then and now is like night and day.

Then I heard it. The laughter within our home, within my heart. It never left, but there has been far too much laughter among tears.This weekend, the laughter was pure joy. Unanticipated humor in little things. Unbridled emotions set free in the form of laughter.

It is back. The joy of living life and savoring the little moments has returned. Laughter.

"He who laughs ... lasts!" ~ Mary Pettibone Poole

No comments:

Post a Comment