Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ready For Anything

It was an unexpected day. I thought I knew where I was working yesterday, but one phone call just before I walked out the door changed that.

I already had my brain turned on and working through strategies to make the day ahead of me productive and positive. All I had to do when my destination changed unexpectedly, was to take that plan and make it work in a brand new environment.

Another new school. A day where Head Office didn't receive the change of location information in time to make any of my computer programs functional where I was working.

New faces, no other secretary in the office and a whole new set of challenges were set out before me.

And it was okay! It was really okay!! I introduced myself to staff members as they walked through the door and treated the day as if I was 'there to stay'. I made a conscious effort to remember names. I worked independently and treated this as a practice run for the new school that I will be working at next week (for the next three weeks).

The staff were wonderful. The students were awesome (I actually had one student tell me that I was awesome, too!). It was a whirlwind day and I was still standing at the end of it all.

It was a day that helped me appreciate the gift of a new beginning. Another chance to start all over again, utilize the knowledge and strategies I've learned the past month and make the most of a day.

It was a day when I woke up and prepared myself for whatever the day had in store. I was ready for anything. It proved to be a very good way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment