Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hearing Delay

I have been given so much lately.

As life has handed me its fair share of surprises, twists and turns ... I have found friendship, support, encouragement and good humor at every turn.

I have felt like a saturated sponge that could absorb no more. I have been parched at other times and absorbing so much more than people could ever know that they were giving me.

There have been occasions where I have been hearing all sorts of wisdom, but not in a place where I could internalize all that was being said.

There has been a time warp in between the time of hearing and the time of actual impact.

The past week, I have been feeling the power of words which I heard a month or more ago.

I read the words that are spilling out of my fingers and onto the page. I hear the phrases that I am repeating, as if for the first time ... but they are words that my all-knowing, family and friends have already told me.

Where would I be without you?? I'm certain that I would eventually find my answers. In my own way and in my own time. But thanks to you, I believe that I have been fast-tracked onto the road of happiness, healing and progress.

I am listening. Sometimes I don't hear immediately. But it catches up to me sooner or later.

When I hear the words and my mind is ready, those words become the fuel to power me through and move forward.

There has been a time lapse. But I hear. And I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment