Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Confidence Wanted

Everywhere I go, I am noticing people doing their jobs.

It makes no matter if they are sweeping floors, delivering goods, teaching a class or serving customers in any capacity ... I watch.

The vast majority of what I observe, is people doing their job with ease.

The cashier that appears to brainlessly scan, bag and collect payment. Those who work at fast paced take-out food counters who work in sync with a team and deliver what is expected quickly and efficiently. Staff that know their industry, their own job and a little more.

Auto pilot. I long to run on auto pilot again.

I do not want a 'brainless' job. I want a job that I can (appear to do) brainlessly. I want my confidence back. I am going to have to work to attain that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment