Saturday, October 22, 2011

Questions

I was told, "You ask too many questions". I was in a brand new job. In an entirely new world. I didn't know anything. But I was told, "You ask too many questions". So I stopped. I asked a question only if I had turned over every other stone.

I read anything and everything I could get my hands on. I googled. I asked people in other departments. I made notes and quick reference guides so that what I couldn't remember was easily accessible.

I focused on being positive, speaking positively, being upbeat and avoiding negative circumstances and people.

I could control nothing or no one but myself. So I did everything within my power to turn the situation to make it work.

But it wasn't enough.

It wasn't even fair. Because when I asked where I went wrong, I was told, "You ask too many questions."

When you find yourself on a dead end road, you must turn around, go back to where you were. And try again.

"I'm little run down ... I could (can) beat it ... 'cause I'm feelin’ ... Invincible"
~ Lyrics from "Invincible" by Hedley

No comments:

Post a Comment