Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Winter

I woke up this morning to pure and utter darkness. I checked the temperature and it was -5 degrees Celsius. I am not ready for winter.

There is a sense of 'winter' to my thoughts lately. Ugly, bent and twisted. There is not enough sunshine to my days and I am feeling dormant.

I found this quote (read it in full here: Seasons of Our Life)  and it spoke to me:

If you give up when it's winter,
you will miss the promise of your spring,
the beauty of your summer,
fulfillment of your fall. 

Don't let the pain of one season destroy the joy of all the rest.
Don't judge life by one difficult season.
Persevere throughout the difficult patches
and better times are sure to come some time or later.

Author Unknown

There is promise of good things in the air. I'm not giving in to winter.

On a positive note, this cold fall morning gave me an opportunity to wear my 'Alaska Jacket' ... a treasure that I bought while on my Alaskan Cruise. I was enveloped in warmth, security and happy memories.

Winter ... I'm ready for you. You are not going to get the best of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment