Friday, September 9, 2011

Ready For a Weekend

Working outside of my home is taking a lot more energy than I thought it would.

As I walk home, I see parents dropping off/picking up their kids at the daycare and I am taken back to my daycare years. Not all good ... but not all bad either. I miss those days.

I stroll by and see people out puttering in their yards. I used to do that a lot when I had a yard full of kids. The kids played. I puttered. I got a lot done. I miss that too.

As I walk along, I see people going about their lives. Talking to neighbors or passers-by. I see life outside the work place and it appears to be more leisurely than it actually is.

I remember the years that I looked out the window and noticed all of the people rushing off to work and their responsibilities. I never ever envied them. I was home. I was happy. I was content.

I am a fish out of water at my new place of employment. I'm still struggling. I don't quite 'fit' yet.

I have worked 17 days. I was at home for 13 years. This will take time. And energy.

I'm tired. I am ready for a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment