Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Second Days

I am not eagerly anticipating the day before me. I am not fearful, nor over whelmed. I am simply not basking in the glow of not-having-a-clue-what-to-do at my New Job #2 (which has now become my One and Only New Job).

I would not highly recommend starting two new jobs back to back. I am grateful that my original plan of working both jobs was taken out of my hands. I am still wavering with uncertainty but I'm taking forward steps to regain my footing.

My first day at this job was the best first-day that I have ever had. The girls in the office are so nice. I have been assured and reassured that it is not expected that I know everything that I need to know. I cannot even learn a lot of things until we get busy. They expect questions, more questions and the same questions. Until I learn.

I long to regain the comfort levels which I have earned at Jobs Past. I remember that this New Phase does not last forever. I would like to fast forward through the next few months of discomfort. But I can't.

I must walk back into work today and absorb all that I possibly can. I am grateful for the calm before the storm. It will start to get busy next week. The week following will be full-force hurricane weather. There are limitations as to what I can do before I am face-to-face with the stormy weather which is forecast.

I am feeling unprepared but I am doing everything in my power to fortify the resources at hand so that I will still be standing when the storm is over.

This is only my second day. Breathe in. Breathe out. Rome wasn't built in two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment