Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fresh Air, Sunshine ... and Exercise

It was a very outdoorsy kind of weekend.

Day #1 and 2 consisted of driving ... relaxing ... eating. Basically just sitting back and enjoying the view. Yesterday? Not so much.

Yesterday involved four hours of weed pulling. Four hours. Three small piles of weeds. Granted, some of those weeds had rooted themselves into the centre of the earth. But after all of that time, one would have assumed there would be more to show for your efforts.

Well? There was.

Despite the fact that I wore gardening gloves, there was dirt embedded under all of my fingernails. I wore sandals and I thought my feet may never come clean again. I felt so dirty, that the desire to hose myself off at the car wash was overwhelming.

Coming clean never felt so good.

The shower was immediate. Followed by a cool iced coffee and sustenance. Then came the pedicure and manicure.

I probably spent as many hours cleaning and polishing myself up, as I did picking weeds. My hands and feet were so happy, I swear that they were smiling.

My muscles had a work out. I basked in sunshine. I dug in the dirt. I worked. And it was good.

It was an absolutely perfect long weekend. Now ... it is back to reality.

I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment