Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This May be a Good Time To ...

As I tread into a future of unknowns, it feels like control over my life is slipping out of my hands. The only certainty is that of my finances.

When my financial future is threatened, I stop spending. I have bought groceries on an as-needed basis only. Take-out restaurant adventures have been capped. Frivolous expenditures have consisted only of paper for the printer so that I can print out resumes as needed.

As I gazed into our deep freeze which is becoming emptier by the day, I thought "This may be a good time to defrost the freezer!"

As I perused the contents of the cupboards and found boxes of Kraft Dinner, I thought "This may be a good night to have KD and HD (hot dogs) for supper!" The squeal of delight as My Youngest found out what was on the supper menu felt like I had earned a 'Mother of the Day' award.

As I laundered My Youngest's bedding (Batman sheets and comforter) that is now at least 11 years old, I thought "This may be a good time to bring out sheets-and-duvet-cover-from-the-past (from when my Second Son was growing up) and revamp My Youngest's room!" A 'retro' face lift. It looks wonderful!

As My Youngest started clearing out some of the excess that has accumulated on his dressers over the course of the past year (or more), I thought "This may be a good time to give this room a bit of an overhaul". Some decluttering, some reorganizing and a little bit of elbow grease and it looks like a whole new room.

Amount spent on the above items? $ 000.00

The best things in life are free. I am about to embark on some of the best that life has to offer. Because 'free' is most definitely allowed on this new and improved budget.

This may be a good time to examine all that I already have in my life. And revel in it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment