Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Support Where Needed

I have just returned from an appointment at my friendly, out-of-the-neighborhood podiatrist. That guy makes my feet so happy that I could dance!

Today's ailment was different from my Zumba-related foot troubles. The corns and calluses from my running shoes are not a problem (since I haven't been wearing my runners, due to a severe lack of exercise and Zumba-fun). My troubles originated from dancing this time ...

Long story short, my bunion is most likely causing me to place undue pressure on my metatarsals ... and now it hurts to walk on the balls of my feet without padded footwear.

My troubles were alleviated by placing padding at the base of where it hurts, to give my metatarsals support. He warned me that padding placed under the area that hurts would only add extra pressure. I need support - not padded protection on the area that is hurting.

As it is with life. Often ... we simply need support. We don't need to be padded from life's blows. We need support from time to time to help us build up our inner reserve and persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment