Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Your Voice

I am a numbers kind of gal. I collect various stats pertaining to my own personal life (most often, these are financially related) and watch for cycles, trends, ebbs and flows. It is simply something my mind enjoys digesting.

Quite some time ago, I discovered a new tab within the dashboard of items that I can edit on my blog. The stats tab collects the number of views on my blog and search words that people have used to 'find' me. It is a very general overview. I don't know any specific information.

As an example, over the past month, these are some of the countries that have visited my blog:

Canada; United States; United Kingdom; Germany; France; India; Malaysia; Philippines; Singapore; Australia; Chile; Russia; Netherlands; United Arab Emirates; Brazil.

I am pleased when I find that people have found me via their favorite search engine, using the words "life as I know it - Colleen". That means that they have returned on purpose.

I cringe when I find the words "bunion" and "bugs in Ketchikan" in the Search Keywords box. Someone has stumbled across my words looking for factual information ... and they find 'me'? Not that what I write is a lie. It is simply that I write about life as I know it, feel it, live it and reflect on it. Perhaps not what those people were searching for.

I started this blog one year after Christmas. I was pondering the ways I keep a little of the spirit of Christmas and reaching out and touching someone feeling alive all year long. I started this blog and the seed of an idea, took root.

For the most part, I write for myself. I live a quiet life and have a head full of words with no where to go. So I write.

I have a handful of family and friends that follow me on my journey through my days. It makes me smile to think that perhaps there is a small readership (beyond those that know me personally) developing here.

I would love to hear the 'voice' of those that may stumble across my words. Whether it is by design or the fact that a Google search has sent you off in a direction that you never intended to go ... please feel free to comment and say 'hello'.

Today is a day where I have very little to say. Let me hear your voice instead ...

P.S. I have added a few gadgets to the left of this page - a poll to make it easy to mark your presence here; and the past month's views (so you can see a little of what I'm writing about today).

No comments:

Post a Comment