Saturday, June 4, 2011

At Home ... With No Where to Go

Ahhh ... to simply be home!

My cat went off simultaneously with my alarm this morning. At 5:45 a.m., the cat was meowing and the alarm was sounding. I immediately turned off the alarm and our cat disappeared.

I was alone. I awoke to the knowledge that it was Saturday and I have absolutely no where I have to go or no place I need to be today.

I can revel in the wonder I call home.

Today is the day that I will sit still with the pictures I collected while I was on holidays. I will go back and insert photos &/or videos into my 'travelling post card' blog posts where ever they fit.

I plan to create a slide show of the scenery pictures (I am not big fan of scenery pictures, yet I found myself joining the crowds of picture takers on the ship and I have a bit of a collection of those photos).

I must go through and decide which pictures I want to print. I will have a small collection of 'friend' pictures. The friendship theme of my holiday is truly what I remember most now that I am home.

My Anchorage Friend planted the idea for a blog post in my mind the morning that we parted ways. I haven't wanted to rush that post. The conversation we shared was so precious that I don't want to rush the words and lose the essence. That conversation often rewinds and replays my mind. I must write it down before I lose the small nuances that turned a sentence into a chapter as we summed up our visit, our friendship and the small wonders of the symbolism we found as we let one small thought carry us away.

Today is to be a quiet day of reflection. I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment