Friday, May 20, 2011

We are in Heaven

We are a few short hours into our holiday adventure and enjoying every moment!!

First of all, we found ourselves in heaven. Clouds are beautiful when you look at them from the top, down.

Then ... we flew over the Rocky and Cascade Mountain ranges ...


Beautiful!!

The day sped by and each moment was more exciting than the one that preceded it.

The next thing you know, we were well on our way to Vancouver and I suddenly remembered that I hadn't had anything solid to eat (other than my breakfast smoothie and that doesn't constitute real food to me, because I don't have to chew it).

So I was absolutely thrilled with the 'supper' that West Jet provided for me ... free of charge.

My stomach was rather angry at me for ignoring it all day and then feeding it a cookie and orange juice. But it has been much more forgiving since I fed it a chicken burger and fries at a restaurant that was suggested to us by our travel companion on our second leg of our journey.

But look what we found, right across the street from our hotel. McDonald's, Tim Horton's and Star Bucks ... all under one roof and a stone's throw away.

"We are here"
Yes !! I do feel like I've died and gone to heaven .... and we've only just begun ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment