Sunday, May 29, 2011

Too Much Static

We set the radio alarm in our room this morning. I couldn't help but laugh to myself when I heard the radio go off and how at least threee (if not more) radio station broadcasts faded in and out.

Each radio bite was clear and easy to understand when it had 'air time' ... but it quickly faded out and into another equally clear radio transmittal before a sentence or thought could be completed.

I laid in bed listening to this mish mash of words and thoughts ... and I thought to myself 'This is exactly what is going on within my own head right now'.

I have so many words wafting through this head. Each uncomplete and worthy of further thought.

This entire vacation experience. The friendship theme that runs so strong. The cruise. What we have seen/felt/experienced. Home ...

Yes. This holiday has been a most incredible experience  But it is in the knowing that I will soon be back home, nestled safely and comfortably within my family, my home, my responsibilities and life-as-I-know- it, that helps me appreciate the vast difference between this fantasy world and the world in which I know and love.

It is a fantastic holiday ... but my life at home is the life I long to live. I long to sit down and focus on one thought, one blessing at a time - and appreciate the wonders of my world without the fear of losing something because there is too much static in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment