Sunday, May 15, 2011

Time in a Bottle

This entire weekend was a little slice of awesome in each and every corner of my world.

As I was driving home today, blog topics and titles were swimming through my mind. Unfortunately I was driving so I couldn't write them down, but I raced to a pen and paper the minute I walked through the door and scrawled down Future Blog Titles (in the hopes of recapturing the feelings, emotions and essence of this weekend in the wake of a new day).

From ...

The hair crisis that led me down a path to a chance meeting with an old friend (and a promise to visit more, as soon as I come back down to earth from my Alaskan holiday) ...

To ...

A most special afternoon with friends in my most favorite salon in the world ...

To ...

A family gathering that made my heart sing, my spirit soar and blessed me with the opportunity of being a part of such an incredible celebration of a family ...

To ...

A stay at a Bed & Breakfast that reinforced a goal, a dream and made me feel that anything is possible when you put your heart and soul into it  ...

To ...

Reflecting on my Sister's (both of them) families and how (within the span of two years) I have seen how each one of their children have blossomed so uniquely, into the best of both of their parents (as each one of these nine amazing nieces and nephews have put together  program/speeches which honored their parents and family) ...

To ...

Being told by a virtual stranger of how enjoyable it was for her to hear Our Family's (Mom and each one of her four children) laughter, mutual enjoyment of each other and the way we all get along. After which I succinctly and honestly replied, "We are blessed" ...

To ..

Meeting the Hostess with the Mostest at our Bed and Breakfast (who sat down with me and encouraged me to tell her about my goals of owning my own B & B one day and immediately started sharing some of what she has learned) ...

To ...

A time of quiet reflection driving to and from my destinations yesterday and today. One and a half hours of silence (each way) to savor the memories of the many moments of joy that this weekend has bestowed upon me ...

To ...

The knowledge of where I know my next Vacation Passion will take me (Bed & Breakfast Hopping in Prince Edward Island, and seeing the home where my Grandmother was raised) ...

To ...

Coming home and finding a renewed sense of appreciation for all that we take for granted, after listening to these two inspirational speakers as they retold their story of survival and liberation of the Holocaust and the lessons we can all learn from and pay forward, to retain freedoms that every living being deserves ...

To ...

Time with my own little family at the beginning and at the end of the most memorable weekend.

"Time in  a Bottle" has always spoken to my heart and soul, and it resonated throughout my thoughts on my drive home this afternoon. The 'you' in these the lyrics means each and every one of you who touch my world ...

"There never seems to be enough time to do the things
you wanna do
Once you find them.
I've looked around enough to know
that you're the one(s) I wanna go through time with ..."
~ Jim Croce - Time in a Bottle ~

No comments:

Post a Comment