Thursday, May 19, 2011

Off ... To Alaska!!!

This day has come faster than I could have ever imagined.

Everything that could be done ... is done. If I've forgotten something, My Friend has remembered. And vice versa. We are finding that we compliment one another perfectly. My weak points are her strong ones. And vice versa.

The house is tidy. My children are prepared and (perhaps?) looking forward to their independence. Major details were tended long ago. Minor details are being wrapped up as I type (I have my netbook downloading Windows updates before we leave ... I don't want to spend precious Internet moments doing that while we are away!).

I weighed my baggage (and myself in the process). My Second Son glanced down at my weight and said "Oops ... maybe I shouldn't look" ... My reply? "It is what it is" ... His response? "That's a good attitude to have" Meanwhile, I'm thinking "But that is not how I feel about my hair!!@#$"

So I am spending my last moments running to my salon for one more emergency hair 'save'. I think I will plan to book hair appointments on the evenings we go for our excursions. Rain is in the forecast. My hair and rain? Not a winning combination. So I will plan for bad hair days and carry on.

My first indulgence aboard just may be a hat!

I can't believe this. I'm running out the door. To Alaska. And what is my biggest worry? My hair! My hair and Alaskan bugs ...

More on that later. I am off. Off to Alaska!!

I will be doing my ultimate best to keep this blog updated. It may be in bits and starts as I am unsure about Internet connections while aboard an Alaskan cruise ship. But I'm about to find out!!

Leave comments ... email ... whatever! I'd love to hear from who ever may be reading this while I am away.

And I'm off!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment