Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Elevator Dance

It has been brought to my attention that there is a name to the new dance since that I have learned since I boarded the ship. It is called the Elevator Dance.

It goes as follows:

• Step out of the elevator

• Look both ways

• Following your instincts, make a decision as to which way to go

• Walk to the end of the corridor and shake your head (what you see, is not what you expected)

• Confidently strut to the opposite corridor and peek around the corner

• That is definitely not what you expected either

• Turn around sheepishly and make your way down the corridor that your instincts told you was correct in the first place

• Proceed directly ahead

Now, the following steps, I have come up with on my own and I believe I should copyright:

• Turn around one more time and find your way back to the elevators

• Go the opposite direction that you just attempted (only to find out that you are still lost)

• Return to the elevator to study the ship map more closely

• Realize that you were on the wrong floor altogether

• Go to the correct floor and try this ‘dance choreography’ from the beginning

• Repeat as often as necessary (and hope that your friend who you were supposed to meet is (A) Still there and (B) retaining their sense of humor)

I have been told that one gains 10 pounds during a cruise. I will not be one of those statistics. I’m too busy doing the ‘Elevator Dance’.

Speaking of Elevators ...
Here's a visual picture to Go with the story

Tea Service ... on the elevator?!?

Glass Elevators ... Beautiful!

Mirrors mirrors everywhere ... even on the elevators!

No comments:

Post a Comment