Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Coming to You 'Live' ...

I have been writing blogs in the room whenever I can find the time and stay awake (rarely) and I have been copy and pasting whatever I wrote to add a blog post whenever I can find the time during the day. So if I repeat myself or don't make sense, it is because I'm in a hurry (Internet is $.42 per minute) and I'm not proof reading before I hit the 'post' button.

So I am adding onto my 'food' stories (not remembering what I've already written) ....

Did I tell you that the chef stuck frog's legs into the potato soup??? Would anyone ever order herring for breakfast?? What is that slimy pink raw stuff in the breakfast buffet?? I keep forgetting to remember what it is (it is salmon). I've read the sign and cringed. A food adventurer, I am not!

I have been scribbling down notes on scraps of paper so that when I have a chance, I will put them all together and create a post out of the mish mash of thoughts. And there are many. I need bigger paper in my pockets when I leave the room.

We went whale watching today. I have pictures and will add them to this post when we get to Anchorage and the Internet access is free. I will never look at a picture of the tail fin of a whale without remembering the exhileration which accompanies seeing it first hand. We have discovered one word which is universal when it comes to language. "WOW!!" You will hear that moment when I have a chance to download my whale videos ...

We had a full day in Juneau, so we were able to take in a tram car ride up Mount Roberts. This was a bonus activity and well worth it.

There is a busy night in store. My newest favorite hair dresser is on board the Celebrity Millennium cruise ship .... and she told me that she'd love to do something with my hair. It's going to be tough to 'keep' her. Her current contract runs out June 17th a and then she returns to Michigan. If you hear my next holiday destination has changed to Michigan, you'll know why!

Gotta run ... coffee has been delivered to me.

1 comment:

  1. I like to think of myself as adventurous but there is absolutely not a hope in hell I would be trying some of those food choices - no scratch that MOST of those food choices. Makes Calories on Broadway not look that bad.
    Hairdresser sounds good though - isn't it neat to find someone who knows what to do on the first try!

    ReplyDelete