Monday, April 11, 2011

Shades of Gray

I know and appreciate the fact that life is not full of black and white answers. I live, breathe and accept that this is reality. Life is not simple.

I'm grateful for gray in almost all instances. There are two sides to every story. Each person has their own set of truths that justifies what they think. Right or wrong? Sometimes the answer is a compromise.

Then there is the matter of health. When I was young, I thought that you lived or died. If you lived, you got better. Then Dad had a near fatal heart attack ... and I learned that there exists a state of life where you breathe ... but you don't live. My world of black and white ceased to exist.

I thought I fully understood this concept.

When it comes to parents, is one always a naive, hopeful, little child? I am starting to think so. But life is teaching me about the color gray again.

Gray is better than black. Where there is gray ... there is hope and encouragement. I would simply enjoy finding a lighter shade of gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment