Sunday, April 17, 2011

All Caught Up

I have now been home from Mom's for two weeks.

The first night I got home, I caught up on laundry, paperwork, mail, banking, emails and unpacking.

Since that time, I have been working feverishly to get caught up on everything else ...

All of the missed episodes of the programs I watch. Twenty five hours worth of television backlog. I don't know if it is a blessing or a curse, but thanks to the Internet I can go back and watch these shows. It's a tough job, but I finally did it.

That task done, I moved onto the next. Three crossword puzzles that had piled up from our free Sunday weekly paper. I simply cannot throw these puzzles away until I have given them my 'all'. It is a sickness. But last night? I stayed up to 11:30 to complete that chore. Only to be rewarded by today's Sunday paper and crossword. I am pleased to announce that I completed this week's puzzle before supper! My work there is done.

Then ... there was the book I started reading and the movie I started watching when I was at Mom's. I left the DVD player and the book out in plain sight. Yet another 'job' on my list. Last night, I finally finished watching the movie. This morning, I finally finished reading the book. Check! Check! Two more items crossed off my to-do list.

Two magazines found their way into our mailbox. Magazines which I have a half hearted interest in. Free magazines. But I could not ignore them. They were placed on the kitchen table, under the three crossword puzzles that I just had to work on. This afternoon, I diligently leafed through both magazines and ripped out two pages which I may refer back to some day. Those magazines are now filed away and out of sight.

This afternoon, I sat down to write my mom her weekly letter (a half day ahead of schedule ... I usually do this Monday mornings). I have somehow managed to turn that weekly letter into a biweekly letter. Not sure how that happened, but it did.

By the time I sat down with my family for our Sunday Supper, I was completely and totally relaxed. Finally, finally ... after two weeks ... I feel 'caught up'.

Catching up on my leisure activities was energy and time consuming. I finally feel at one with my world ... now that I am caught up on all that 'relaxes' me.

Who else but me, could turn leisure into work??

No comments:

Post a Comment