Friday, April 15, 2011

34 Days ...

It is snowing and feels like -7 degrees outside this morning. Doesn't that just make you wish you were planning to go on an Alaskan Cruise in just over a month??

I am thrilled with the idea of my upcoming holiday. It is a holiday that will not be defined by good weather and sunny skies. It is a holiday that will revolve around friends. I find that when I'm in the company of friends, I bask in the glow of friendship and the outside temperature is irrelevant.

I checked the Weather Network and found that the temperature in Anchorage this morning is a balmy 1 degree (with little to no wind). By the time we arrive in Anchorage, the sun will be rising around 4:40 a.m. and setting around 11:15 p.m. 

The days will be 18 1/2 hours long (compared to only about 16 1/4 hours long, here at home). Multiply that extra 2.25 hours of daylight by the duration of our holiday (10 days) ... and we come up with a bonus 22.5 hours. We 'gain' (almost) an extra day!!

In the spirit of making the most out of this once-in-a-lifetime holiday, I'm sure that we'll make good use of that extra day's worth of sunshine.

Even though it looks and feels like winter here this morning, I'm already basking in the glow of upcoming Northern Adventure.

Thirty four days from today ... sunny skies or not ... I'm going North!!

No comments:

Post a Comment