Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekends Like These ...

If every weekend was like this, it wouldn't be special. This weekend stands out because it is different from the ones that have preceded it ... and the committed weekends ahead.

This weekend ...

I had time to stop and do our family's income taxes. I'm happy to announce that all of us have won the tax lottery. We are getting a portion of our own money back. A small amount of our hard earned cash is finding its way back home!

I puttered. I haven't puttered for years (or so it feels). Any time that I have had things to do around the house of late, it has been with a mission, dead-line and a reason. Or else I have done nothing at all. There has been no happy medium. I have worked or I haven't. This weekend? I puttered. I accomplished more than I set out to do. And it feels marvelous!!

I started my '29 Day Shred'. I am ready to get back on the exercise treadmill the very moment that I finish this post. I have taken my measurements and I'm ready to see if a regular exercise routine (plus a little saner eating habits) will shed a portion of an inch here and there. It simply feels good to move. And if I am brutally honest with myself, my body is pretty happy to be ridding itself of the junk-food toxins that had taken over the past few months. I'm going to do my best to make healthy-living a lifestyle, not a passing fancy.

This morning, we are going to be heading out on a short road trip and meeting a friend for lunch. This would be a little bit more fun if the weather was bright and springy. But who cares? We are hitting the highway. Going on an adventure. Visiting with a good friend. It is a most excellent way to pass (yet another) wintry day! I'm looking forward to it.

This weekend, I've had time to breathe. Time to putter. Time to relish in my home and family. Time to win the Income Tax Lottery!

It's been great. And I would not appreciate the splendor in such small things, if every weekend was like this. This weekend stands out from the rest, because it is different.

It is the contrasts in life that help us appreciate the small stuff. If we had no challenges to overcome, weekends like this would simply be the norm. There would be nothing outstanding about it.

Weekends like 'these' ... make weeks like 'those' worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment