Monday, March 21, 2011

We Have Two Small Requests ...

"I lied. I'm not ready. I'm packed and ready to go at a moment's notice. But I'm not ready."

I had barely hit the "Publish Post" button of my last blog entry when the phone rang. It was my brother. Mom was on the way to the hospital by ambulance as we spoke.

When I headed out to meet up with My Oldest Sister so that we could travel the rest of the five hour trip together, I had no idea where that old familiar highway would take us.

Within two hours of my brother's initial call, he phoned again. I knew that the phone would not ring if it was bad news. And I was right. Mom was sitting up in her hospital bed and My Brother said "If she could get to the phone right now, she'd tell you to turn around and go home". I'm glad we were already headed in her direction.

Mom was home long before we arrived. The past week had taken a toll, but she was home (where I'm quite sure that she wanted to be). All of us were exactly where we wanted to be - together.

Things feel stabilized for the moment. Tests have been ordered, appointments are scheduled and now it is a bit of a waiting game.

My Other Sister met many friends on her solo trip (by bus) to go to Mom's last Sunday. One of those friends was speaking of the miracle of prayer (there is an entire back story and not quite as somber as the preceding phrase would allude to) and that you must be very specific in your requests.

Our request is simple. Not only do we hope that they soon find the root of this health issue for Mom ... but we ask that whatever they may find, may be fixable.

I feel like a young, naive child again when I implore to the skies above, "Just fix her ... she is worth fixing!"

So we are doing what we can, as we wait. We are not only asking for answers ... but we are hoping the answers lead us to solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment