Sunday, March 13, 2011

Time to Make Some Changes

It is weeks like the week that I have just lived, that propel me forward in life.

Challenges force me to confront issues. One always has a choice in life. Do I choose to do nothing and expect nothing to change? Do I have any control over any aspect of this situation? Is there any way that a compromise can be made? Do I have the courage to make a change?

Sometimes the only control a person has, is how they react to the situation. I'm afraid that I have failed miserably in that regard this past week.

I have felt too much coming at me from too many different angles. My work, my mom's health, I have allowed 'the past' into my present (and it doesn't belong there!!), finances, education and trying to fit too much into my week.

I cracked. Unfortunately ... there were witnesses.

Today is a new day and (as soon as I get home from my class this afternoon), I am going to sit down and write out an action plan.

It's time to make some changes. Or compromises. Because if I sit here and do nothing ... nothing will change.

It is time.

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking similar thoughts myself...most of my life is pretty great, but yeah, some changes need to occur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J,

    Change is inevitable in life ... but I find it a little easier to deal with when I'm the one initiating it. Still tough though. It is 8 days since I wrote this post and I haven't acted on the one thing that is plaguing me the most. I think I must be waiting for a 'crisis point'. I just about met it today.

    Best of luck to you in your quest to make some changes! May you redirect your life in a new direction - one of your choosing!

    ReplyDelete