Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ten Impossible Things Before Lunch

If I am confronted with something that is hard for me to do, I must do it in the morning.

It's amazing how wonderful it feels to face those Impossible Things. I think that must be where super heroes get their strength.

A small amount of invincibility creeps into one's being when you cross off the tough things-to-do early in your day. It clears the slate for an easy afternoon when the tough jobs are behind you or the biggest challenges have been confronted.

Yesterday morning, I sat here and wrote a wish list of how I hoped my day would unfold. The day went nothing like I had planned.

But that early morning to-do-list prevailed throughout the day. It took until 9:30 last night to do what I had set out to do ... but (eventually) I did it. Plus I worked. So I actually got paid for my day. Bonus!

This morning, I have a new list.

I have crossed off one item and must face a few more Impossible Things before lunch. Hopefully, this afternoon will be clear sailing and I will return from a 'day at the office' revitalized and raring to make the most of what remains of the day.

This day is not without its share of challenges. It is up to me, to stare them in the eye and confront them. And I will ... before lunch.

Today will be a most excellent day because I will have faced up to my (perhaps it is only three) Impossible Things before lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment