Thursday, March 3, 2011

No Stress = No Cravings

It has been very ironic that while I have been busily crossing off the things-to-do to get my Group Fitness Certification ... that I have been sitting more than ever. And my eating habits? Down right embarrassing.

I did whatever it took to get through the course I was taking. Self induced bribery (chips and chocolate bars) kept me awake ... got me through ... they were my reward and my basic meal plan.

I was studying about becoming physically fit. And I was sitting idle as I learned all of the benefits of fitness.

I was studying about proper nourishment, as I wolfed down Pringles, popcorn, candy, chocolate and coffee.

I started craving sugar over 'real' food. I was becoming everything that I was learning not to be.

Then I wrote the exam.

I was in the grocery section of WalMart last night and I was not even tempted to wander down the sugar and chip aisles. The cravings have passed!!

All that I learned has finally seeped through the sugar rush and salt cravings!

For a mere $47.00, I could have downloaded a diet plan 'to beat belly fat'. In their brief intro, they stated two facts for free: (1) Sugar is your enemy; (2) Processed foods are also your enemy.

I saved $47.00 and decided that taking fact #1 and #2 alone, would propel me in the direction that I wanted to go. That, plus exercise. Maybe a few extra vegetables and protein too.

The lack of stress has created a healthier mind set for me. I no longer feel the need to treat myself, just to endure what I feel that I must do. My life is my own once again.

Sugar, you are my enemy! I do not crave you any more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment