Monday, March 7, 2011

A New Week Dawning

This time, last week I knew exactly what to expect from the week ahead. It was laid out clearly before me. I wasn't exactly excited about everything that was upcoming. But I knew what was coming.

This week? Anything could happen.

I walked away from the computer a moment ago ... and returned to find an email saying "You'd better come into work today". I guess I'm working. I didn't know that five minutes ago.

The 'ding' of yet another incoming email, as I wrote the previous paragraph. A brief message from the friend we met up with yesterday, returning my sentiments about what a wonderful visit we had (a friendship that has grown even better with age).

This week, it feels like anything is possible.

It could be a lot of nothing special ... which is special unto itself, because I've had so much going on within my head lately.

Each morning will be an unknown gift that is opened as I walk into the day set out before me. Who knows what the day will bring?

I've been living life, looking forward lately. I love the view. I glance in the 'rearview mirror of life' and I'm grateful for what I have learned and the experiences I've gained. But for the most part, I am watching the road ahead and glancing off into the horizon.

I see the infinite sky and know that anything could happen. It's great to have hopes, dreams and aspirations. It is also good to look forward and know that you really have no idea what is around the next corner.

I have a feeling it's going to be a very good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment