Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Unplug and Restart

When the computer completely hits a wall and freezes up in every capacity, the only solution I have come up with is:
  • Unplug it from the power source
  • Wait a few minutes
  • Restart
Yesterday, I hit that wall. I froze up in most capacities. I did have to tend to life first (I wasn't frozen in every capacity) but after the must-do-items of my day were tended, I:
  • Unplugged myself from life and its responsibilities
  • Waited a few hours
  • Had friends over
  • Slept
  • Restarted this morning
And I feel as right as rain.

I awoke with my alarm. As I (habitually) hit the snooze button, I realized that I had not tossed, turned or woken once throughout the night. When the alarm went off, it was the first conscious awareness that I had since I closed my eyes the night before. I did it.

I completely "unplugged" myself from all power sources last night. When I "restarted" this morning, I was raring to go.

This process would not have been complete without my friends. Though I didn't add a lot to the conversation last night (don't get me wrong, I was far from silent ... I simply talked less than I often do), I simply sat back and enjoyed the energy and peacefulness that I get, from being part of this friendship circle.

This is a group of friends that recharge me, simply by being in their presence. I "plugged in" to recharge myself last night. It is my hope that I did not drain their energy by being lifted up by their energy source. It is my sincerest hope that 'the friend who could not join us' felt our energy as we spoke of her and brought her into our visit at every opportunity.

Life is like a computer. Sometimes you simply need to:
  • Unplug yourself from your responsibilities
  • Recharge yourself with the positive energy from those who inspire you
  • Restart in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment