Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Learning to Live Within My Means

I just spent the last half hour tallying up my spending for the month of January ...

Simply stated? I overspent. Short story long? I think my spending was (for the most part) warranted.

I indulged my Zumba-Lust in many ways. I am taking three Zumba classes. I went to a Zumba Dance Party fundraiser. I went to Edmonton to take a Zumba instructor course. I enrolled in two classes which are stepping stones to becoming a Group Fitness instructor. Oh ... then there is the wardrobe. I also indulged myself in a few items from Lulu Lemon (I love, love, love my new racer style tank tops!!).

Ranking: "Good Investment" (in my health and my future)

Then I had to spend some money on my car. Much needed and necessary repairs and maintenance. Of course January would also happen to be the month that my plates/insurance expired. I spent money out of necessity.

Ranking: "Necessary Expenditures" (cheaper to repair my paid off car than to take out a loan for a new one)

I spent a total of $87.24 in take out food in the month of January. That may sound excessive to some ... but you don't even want to know what my average take-out costs are for a month. It was a most excellent month in the take-out department.

Ranking: "Success!!" (reward yourself with an Egg McMuffin!!)

Income levels? Not pretty. January was not a very 'fruitful' month.

Ranking: "Barely eking by" (aim to make February better)

All in all, January was not a month that I hope to repeat any time soon (financially). Sometimes you simply can't pick and choose the timing of your expenses. I don't regret my choices. But I am aiming to make the months ahead more financially viable so that I can repay my overspending.

The goal for the month(s) ahead: "Live within my means!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment