Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I've Done the Math ...

Math must dictate my life. I have tallied up my my work hours from all (income) sources this month. And it isn't pretty.

I just lived a 'leisurely' weekend of studying. A weekend where I put my work on a back burner and hit the books.

I felt that this upcoming exam deserved to be priority this weekend but in the dawn of a new week (the last week that I have to tally up some work hours for my end-of-the-month-pay cheque) ... I must work!!

I have peace of mind knowing that I worked all that I could possibly work - until this past weekend. A weekend where I put studying first.

I did so, with the knowledge that not only was this work a make-work-project, but I have finite amount of new, incoming work. So the urgency level was next to nil. I also have a finite amount of time to absorb and retain a minimum of 80% of wisdom before I am tested on it.  So studying won.

I have worked a grand total of 77 hours in February. My goal to this point in the month? 120 hours. I'm in a deficit position. How many hours do I need to work prior to month-end cut off date? Thirty seven.

The math says, "Stop blogging and get to work. Now!!!"

And I must listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment