Friday, January 21, 2011

Things I'd Rather Not See

I went through the paces of the morning.

It is a simple routine. Hit the snooze button one to three times. Get up. The floor is freezing cold, so I put on my socks. Then I make up the bed around our cat.

Then I make my way to the bathroom. I don't leave until I have 'readied my head' for the day. This includes taming down my wild Zumba Hair, moisturizing my face and then coloring in my eyes and eyebrows which disappeared when I washed them off the previous evening.

This morning, the task of taming down my wild hair was easy. I raked my fingers through it and thought "good enough", and proceeded onward with the rest of my routine. It wasn't until I went to color in some eyebrows that I realized that I wasn't wearing my glasses.

I put on my glasses and realized my hair looked better with out them (many things on my body look better without the assistance of glasses or contact lenses).

It was then, that I realized that there is a reason our eyesight falters as we age. You can't see the wrinkles, the gray hairs and bad hair days just aren't as vivid.

Who needs good eyesight to focus on all that is changing??

No comments:

Post a Comment