Saturday, January 22, 2011

Steppin' Out

I am forging far out of my comfort zone today and tomorrow. I am attending a First Aid/CPR course.

I've done this before. I enjoy learning. I don't relish the idea of the hands-on teaching and acting out scenarios. Play acting is much better than having to utilize this knowledge out of necessity. So I shall make sure I appreciate the fact that none of this is the 'real deal'.

I had dreams galore. In my dreams, the instructor had absolutely no control over her class. She brought us McDonald's but only the 'bad kids' got to eat it while it was hot. The rest of us had to wait. Then there was the $100.00 bill we got if we completed the course (of course the 'bad kids' got paid out early in an attempt to bribe them to listen).

I woke up and was relieved to know that our instructor will have full control over this class. We will have to fend for ourselves at lunch. And there is no cash pay-out.

But who knows. What I learn today and tomorrow could make a difference. Hopefully I'll never have to utilize what I learn. But there is no harm in knowing ....

No comments:

Post a Comment