Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Some Days I Idle ... Other Days I Work

You can't imagine my pleasure when I called my boss first thing yesterday morning and was told, "Sorry, I don't have any work for you right now but I will soon."

I took the morning off.

I could have whipped open my books and studied. I didn't. I could have wrote a letter to my mom. I didn't do that either.

I'm not certain what I did, but I didn't do much. After a weekend away from home, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect Monday morning.

I worked in the afternoon. I 'Zumba-ed' all night. And this morning? I must go to work.

They have cleared out office space and I will now have a place to go to fill in the gaps. This is a step towards full-time employment.

It is my hope that I can work away from home when My Youngest is at school. And that I will be able to pack up the excess and finish it at home.

I may be dreaming. But I can hope.

It is my goal to work five days a week, between the hours of 8 - 5.

In a perfect world, I would be working from home. I am happy to compromise if it means a full-time pay cheque. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to be here when My Youngest returns from school.

I don't mind a little home work. In fact, that would be my preference. Because first and foremost? I still want to be a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment