Thursday, January 27, 2011

Options

This morning, I knew in advance (this rarely, if ever?? happens) that my morning daycare charge would not be coming.

When I woke up before my alarm, I knew the morning was mine. All mine, to do with as I pleased.

I wandered to the computer and checked my emails. Then I played around on the Internet for a short while.

When my alarm went off at 6:00 a.m., I thought "I'll just crawl back into my unmade bed, warm up and watch TV for a while". The moment the TV was on, I was out.

I kept waking up with the knowledge that I didn't have to get up if I didn't want to. So I didn't. It's fun to have options like that. It seems that I've been driven to wake up on time for several weeks now. Even on the weekends. So this morning, I revelled in the luxury of sleeping in. It was wonderful!

But now my day is behind schedule. I must get myself to work.

I'm so grateful that I have several days of work to work on ... from home! It's good to have the option of running into 'the shop' to supplement my at-home income. But working from home is my preference.

I am grateful for the need to get up. It means that I have job to work at and responsibilities to tend to. It means that I am 'needed' in this world. It gives my day purpose and direction.

But every now and again ... it is a luxury when life hands you options.

No comments:

Post a Comment