Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Moving Again

After a very sedentary Christmas season, it feels good to get moving once again.

Not only did I spend the better part of yesterday organizing a basement (which utilized a lot of dormant muscle groups), but I finally, finally went out last night and enjoyed two hours of Zumba!

I haven't felt physically exhausted for so long, that I forgot how good it felt.

My brain gets weary and my body tires, but not from over-use. In fact, the truth is quite the opposite.

One thing that I noticed when I went back and read the archives of this blog, is the amount that I used to accomplish in a day/week/month. I have become very lackadaisical this past year.

The busier you are, the more you get done. You have to organize your time, make and meet deadlines and very little time is wasted sitting around trying to get motivated. You just do it.

I believe that I have committed my evenings to 'things that I enjoy' so that it helps to create a certain state of busy-ness within my life. The pitfall of working from home is that I know I can work evenings and weekends to make up for time lost during the day. The reality is, that I don't want to work evenings and weekends.

So it is my plan to keep myself moving throughout the winter months ahead.

My muscles are still twitching from the stimulation they received yesterday. I shall motivate them again tonight at a Salsa class ... hopefully at a Zumba class on Wednesday ... then dancing on Thursday. And the list goes on.

I want to make a habit of moving and getting these muscles busy and active again. This body of mine could use quite a dose of fine tuning. Because I have a new ballgown to squeeze into, in about ... 82 days.

It's time to move it, move it!!


(And that is just how fun Zumba is!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment