Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just Ask

I have gone on and on, time and again about the incidents where my wishes have come true. Yesterday was no different.

I knew what I wanted. I declared it out loud. I went after it. And I got (or am getting) it!

The feeling that I have about my work situation is very good. The ability to go into work and log some most necessary hours (within the hours that My Youngest is in school!!) looks like it is going to make all the difference in the world. Yes, it was one day. But it was a day that looks like it is leading somewhere. At last!

I came home to a message from my second job. After a two week hiatus, he finally needs me to come in and work. Yes, I will. But my priority lies in the employer that has the potential to offer me full time work. I committed to them first, so I will go to my second job after that.

Now, for the good part!

I also returned from a most excellent day at the 'office' to find an email from someone looking for a volunteer to instruct a Zumba class (and this is the amazing part) ... at the school that I can see from my living room window.

I have not completed all of the courses to be a Group Fitness instructor. Nor have I invested any time in learning/choreographing an hour of 'Zumba Dance Fitness' (and this will take a great deal of time to achieve). But I called back anyway.

I told the girl that I had just completed the instructor training three days ago and I am just starting to complete a few of the courses that I need to attain my group fitness certificate. I am not yet qualified. But ... if she doesn't find any other qualified volunteer to help her with this, that I would most definitely be interested in leading a class.

Three days after I completed the training, I was offered an opportunity. Three days!

I sat down with my Second Son and we talked of my game plan, now that I have taken this course. I told him that my goal was to be ready to lead a class by September. I hope to start with friends and family. Maybe an evening class in our community. Eventually, I would like to lead a class of children. There are five elementary schools within five minutes of my home. A golden opportunity.

And what should happen within 24 hours of making this declaration aloud? An opportunity.
  • Make a plan.
  • Move your life in a direction to make that plan succeed.
  • Believe that you can succeed.
  • State it aloud. 
Ask and you shall receive. These small miracles never cease to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment