Friday, November 12, 2010

Sigh ...

I started yesterday by taking a "Real Age" test ... to see how my biological age compared to my calendar age. It seemed like a fitting way to start the 50th year of my life.

The last time I took this test, my biological age was far younger than my calendar age. I assumed that this would be the case once again and I would carry on my merry little way, continuing to live my life as I have been living it.

I took the test and eagerly awaited the final tally. Da ... da ... da .... DAH!! Then it was there before me. My biological age was 49.7!

I redid the test, making healthier food and exercise choices and assumed it would drop the age by a decade. Once again, I eagerly anticipated the revised age if I revised my diet and activity routine. The age 46.5 flashed before me. Three years? That's all?!??

So ... I then proceeded to eat my way through the remains of last weekend's party food. The chips and ice cream cake are gone. My supper was Triscuits (black pepper and olive oil .... my newest flavor sensation!!) with cheese and pickles. I came home after dancing and ate a piece of cheesecake and 'vegetable crinkle chips' until my stomach hurt.

Take that, 'Real Age'!!! If you knew the foods that I was consuming that fell in between the cracks of what you asked ... I am frightened to know how 'old' you would say my biological age is.

This morning I'm still suffering a vegetable crinkle chip hangover. I'm nursing it with coffee and it's not going so well.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I wonder what decisions I will make today, to make the rest of my life full of health and good cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment