Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oh, The Places I'll Go!

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." ~Dr. Seuss~

Over the course of the last 32 years, I accumulated a whole library of children's books. But I've never read this particular book.

A friend recently told me that this is a book that she often gifted to new graduates. What a refreshingly simple yet poignant book to give, to celebrate the beginning of a bright and shiny new 'life'.

Even in my slightly used and abused life, these words truly 'woke me up' this morning.I felt young, inspired and capable of anything.

Because ... I'll be "the one who'll decide where to go..."

I've made so many 'out of the box' (for me) decisions these past few years. I've steered myself in any direction I chose. And I chose to explore some brand new paths.

I was on my own so I forged out of a life where I made the same choices time and time again and continued to live 'the same life' with different people time and time again.

I have brains in my head and have decided to dust off the learning centre of my mind and expand it.

I have feet in my shoes and those feet have many stories to tell. Oh, the new places I've walked ... the miles I've danced ... the Zumba lust they allow me to pursue!

I know what I know ... I remember what I've learned but I'm learning to want to know more. What I know for sure, is that I want to continue to know more!

Oh! The places I will go! This past year ... The Great Dance Adventure. Next year ... an Alaskan Cruise. Who knows where I'll end up next?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment