Sunday, November 21, 2010

Communication

Yesterday morning at my Bellyfit class, I drew the word "Communication" (from the word-jar, full of one word cards) to focus on yesterday.

I read it and immediately I commented that I already communicate. A lot. I email, write letters, blog ...

The lady I was talking to stopped me before I continued. She said, "Maybe you need to communicate less today".

Hmmmm.

I did what I had to do yesterday and when I finally came home, I couldn't believe how relieved I was that I didn't have any phone calls or emails to return.

I didn't blog yesterday. And that was okay. The phone didn't ring yesterday. I received one email (in response to an email that I had just sent, so it didn't require a reply).

I was quiet.

And it felt very, very good.

Who knew that perhaps you can communicate too much??

That said, I don't want to make a habit of it. Thus, two blog posts this morning and I'm off to write my weekly letter to my mom ...

No comments:

Post a Comment